Life cycle of a frog worksheet – talk about, write about and illustrate the frog life cycle
Busy Things includes 100s of writing and drawing projects. In this blog we’ll look at our life cycle of a frog worksheets where children can draw and write about the stages of a frog’s life cycle then save, print and display their masterpieces!…
- A closer look at our life cycle of a frog project
- Other related activities Busy Things
- Curriculum links covered by the worksheet
- How to find the frog life cycle worksheets in Busy Things
- Take a Busy Things free trial
The life cycle of a frog writing project
Children will create their life cycle of a frog worksheet using our simple ICT tools (Busy Publisher) so will be developing their computing skills as well as developing knowledge on the topic.
On opening the project you will be given a few discussion points to consider on the topic, this gives a great opportunity to introduce the subject and get children talking about it:
“Does your school, garden or park have a pond?”
“What type of animal is a frog?”
“Have you ever seen a frog in the wild?”
“Have you seen frogspawn, tadpoles or froglets?”
Top Tip: Busy Things can be used on a whiteboard, desktop computers and on tablets. Why not introduce this project on the whiteboard – discuss the frog life cycle whilst demonstrating Busy Publisher tools then assign the work for your students to complete individually on their tablets!
Choose your template:
You can then choose a template to populate – there are 6 frog life cycle templates available varying in complexity.
Then use our publishing tools to illustrate each stage of the frog cycle. Depending on the template chosen, you can draw, import your own pictures or photographs and format text using simple tools.
Once created, each child’s file can then be saved to a ‘My Files’ area. From there they can be saved as a PDF for record keeping or printed for display or exported as a JPG for inclusion in your own documents.
If you’d like to learn more about the Busy Things My Files area, please view our My Files tutorial video
The aim of the Life cycle of a frog project is to facilitate:
- Learning about the stages of a frog’s life cycle
- Developing an understanding of growth, decay and changes over time
- Understanding that animals have offspring which grow into adults
- Developing a greater awareness of living things and their habitats
- Developing computing skills by using Busy Publisher
Other activities related to our life cycle of a frog worksheet:
Frog related activities:
Parts of an amphibian interactive worksheet – Demonstrate anatomical knowledge of animals with this labelling worksheet.
What makes an amphibian interactive worksheet – Demonstrate and acquire knowledge of animal classifications with this venn diagram activity by sorting the true or false statements.
Life cycle related activities:
Butterfly life cycle
Chicken life cycle
Plant life cycles
Learn about the full range of resources available on Busy Things in our different resource types video.
You can access all of these activities and many more by taking out a FREE TRIAL! Simply click here to visit our website now.
Early Years Foundation Stage
Understanding the World
- Can talk about some of the things they have observed such as plants, animals, natural and found objects.
- Developing an understanding of growth, decay and changes over time.
- Looks closely at similarities, differences, patterns and change.
The National Curriculum – Key Stage 1
Science – Animals, including humans
- notice that animals, including humans, have offspring which grow into adults
The National Curriculum – Key Stage 2
Science – Living things and their habitats
- describe the differences in the life cycles of a mammal, an amphibian, an insect and a bird
- describe the life process of reproduction in some plants and animals
How to find a life cycle of a frog worksheet
Take a FREE trial to access 700+ award-winning educational games and activities!
Busy Things supports children’s learning at school and at home, engaging them with exciting activities that will enhance their knowledge and understanding.
A subscription includes unlimited access to hundreds of fun activities and games which target core maths, literacy and phonics skills and stimulate creative work with colours, shapes and sounds.
Busy Things can be played on desktop computers, laptops and tablets.
To access our frog life cycle project along with all of our activities simply visit our website and sign up for a free trial – it’s very quick and easy.
Have you used our Busy Publisher tools? We’d love to hear what you think of this section of Busy Things.
Do you have any topic suggestions that you would like us to add?
Please leave a comment below…